- Consistently observes and enforces all USAF and host nation explosives safety, AFOSH, and security standards during all explosives and non-explosives operations in assigned sites and temporary duty
- In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response
- Conducts all munitions work according to established quality processes, identifying potential problems and recommending
- Reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts of munitions and
- Performs munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosives
- Conducts warehouse inventories and corrects any
- Works closely with operations personnel to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during warehouse
- Prepares and configures munitions shipments for air, sea, and surface
- Uploads/downloads trucks with incoming and outgoing munitions
- Assists inspecting munitions in accordance with 11A-1-10 and applicable technical
- Assists inspecting munitions brass, residue, and containers in accordance with 11A-1-60.
- Operates assigned Combat Ammunition System (CAS) as is applicable to Site’s
- Inspects, operates and performs maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as, forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists.
- Inspects and operates metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, pneumatic paint guns, air compressors and power
- Inspects and perform minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment. Cleans vehicles, equipment and facilities.
- Prepares and delivers general and explosives safety
- Works necessary hours, to include stand-by duties, to support mission requirements during peacetime and combat contingencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent/Section
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order
- Computer literate.
- Normal color perception and depth of vision.
- Must be capable of obtaining a host nation driver’s
Experience and Education
- Four years’ experience on Air Force Munitions; combined experience on USAF storage, maintenance and inspection procedures, to include CAS, for Munitions
- US Secret Security Clearance
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting 50 lbs. and perform extensive work using handling/lifting