Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules or department supervisors’ priorities. Reviews production schedules and confers with department supervisors to determine material required or overdue and to locate material. Requisitions material and establishes delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material. Arranges for in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules. Arranges with department supervisors for repair and assembly of material and its transportation to various departments. Examines material delivered to production departments to verify if type specified. May monitor and control movement of material and parts along conveyor system, using remote-control panelboard. May compute amount of material needed for specific job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes and using adding machine. May compile report of quantity and type of material on hand.
• Minimum 3 years’ specific material management experience with knowledge of all materials, equipment and supplies required by all functional areas.
• Familiarity with material handling equipment, mechanized material conveyor systems.
• Must have graduated from high school or have passed GED and be proficient with MS Office.
• Level III English and experience in operating Military or commercial Management Information Systems.
• Working knowledge of AWRDS and LMP highly preferred.
• May move or transport material from one department to another, using hand truck or industrial truck.
• May compile perpetual production records in order to locate material in process of production, using manual or computerized system.
• May maintain employee records.
• May require candidate to either possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.