Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs a full range of overhaul, repair and services on all engineer/heavy equipment maintenance at the Direct Support (DS) and General Support (GS) level.
• Troubleshoots and repairs work on suspensions, engines, frames/chassis, transfers, transmissions, differentials, hydraulic systems, fuel and pneumatic systems, steering mechanism and turbo chargers
• Must have the ability to analyze and interpret US Army Technical Manuals with relationship to vehicle maintenance and repair
• Must be able to obtain a 5984-E Army Standard license
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 3-4 years of experience as a heavy equipment mechanic required
• Military experience in applicable MOS for Heavy Equipment Mechanic or similar commercial experience highly preferred. MOS School and or certifications a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
• Ability to perform job duties up to a 84 hours per week
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. intermittently
• Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures and overhead for extended periods of time.