MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Determines the nature and extent of repairs required; disassembles and examines parts and assemblies for serviceability; replaces parts and assemblies as required.
- Repairs, replaces, and/or modifies barrel assemblies, upper receivers, lower receiver, gas tubes, gas rings, feed trays, feed pawls, buffer, and their related components.
- Determines serviceability of parts; exercises initiative to maintain productive progress and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Safely uses common hand-tools and shop equipment effectively without assistance.
- Diagnoses and determines remedies for failures commonly encountered in the repair of tow artillery or small arms weapons, with little or no supervision, using a variety of diagnostic techniques and practices.
- Assists other employees in the proper repair maintenance procedures and capabilities of small arms and tow artillery maintenance and related TMDE.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Hand tools, special weapons tools, gauges, jigs, alignment devices and web based computer maintenance and inventory programs. Work is generally conducted in a shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules. Employee must meet Theater Physical Standards in accordance with CENTCOM guidance.
One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required. High School graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of one year work experience or equivalent schooling/trade school in small arms and crew served weapons and accessories repair is required.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Varies per location