NOTE: This project is tagged to begin in January/February 2021.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management an energy conservation measure (ECM) and solar renewable energy development project, beginning with concept development and ending with U.S. Navy acceptance of the completed project;
- Plan and control project schedule and tasks, prepare and control the budget, act as a liaison between subcontractor and direct company manager/supervisors project teams, and other required contractors, and be responsible for the terms and results of the projects;
- Prepare and recommend approval all project related strategic decisions with contractual impact;
- Maintain and communicate to ALCON progress measurement, cost management, change control, and financial expenditures;
- Work closely with subcontractor and direct company managers and supervisors to ensure that the project construction complies with the contracts, policies, regulations, standards, safety requirements, quality assurance/control, and specifications of not only Italian authorities, but also the U.S. Navy’s Public Works Department (NAVFAC EURAFSWA) headquartered at Capodicchino, in Naples, Italy;
- Cooperate with relevant procedures for grid connection and supervise subcontracting to complete grid connection work.
- Facilitate weekly project meetings and track and report on all action items.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Navy Veteran
- Bachelor’s degree: Engineering
- Prior experience representing a self-performing prime contractor on a U.S. federal construction project
- Experience with energy conservation measures and solar energy in development and construction phases
- Work experience with MAXIMO and other workflow software
- Knowledge of NAVFAC guidance related to construction projects, including cyber security (Preferred)
- Competitive Salary (open for Negotiation)
- Housing and Transportation
- Italian language translator assistance (as required)
- 4 weeks PTO (2-week each August and 2 additional weeks each year)
- An end of project bonus.